Eli made his first trip of many to the Varisty in Athens this past week. Chris had a game in Athens, so Mom and I ventured east to have a wonderful spring day in Athens. We ate lunch outside at Marti's at Midday (is there any better place than Athens on a beautiful spring day?) and then checked out some local shops. Right before the game we decided to go for some ice cream at an old pharmacy, Hodgson's Pharmacy, in town only to find the place closed down. What a bummer! The pharmacy dates back to Mom's days in Athens as a beautiful ZTA in her hip-hugger jeans with long, Farrah Fawcett hair. Who knows when they truly closed. I haven't been on that side of town in at least a year.
After the close game, which we lost in the bottom of the 7th, we decided to drown our sorrows in some grease. What better way to mend a broken heart than eat some chili dogs, onion rings, and fries? (I'm sure many sad Dawgs fans have done this after a bad game.) As soon as we sat down, Eli reached for the chili dog and stuck his fingers right in. Yuck! I'm just glad we caught him before he stuck his fingers in his mouth. He loved the Varsity and we took some pictures of him with his hat on. I'm pretty sure I even saw a sad coach crack a smile when he saw this cute kid with his hat on.
What'll ya have?

Eli drooling over a chili dog and some fries.
3 comments:
Sounds like the perfect day. Two delicious meals in one fun town. Eli looks adorable...just wait till he gets a taste for that frosted orange!
so stinkin' cute.
wow! He is really changing and looking so much like a big boy! They pass the baby stage way too quickly!
Post a Comment