I want to thank Chris for the great mother's day gift I received today. I got an awesome flower pot with a Lowe's gift card to go buy some flowers or herbs. But the best gift was the letter I received from Eli. It is so sweet that I have to share it with you. I'm not sure, but I think he got a little help from his dad...
Mom,
Seven months ago today, I remember that I was just hanging out, wishing that I had some more fluid to swim in when all the sudden all of these people started getting in my personal space. I remember you stated making these funny sounds and I felt like I was being forced out of the only home I had ever known. Then, all of the sudden, some guy named Francis (Dr. Lake) grabbed my head and held me up for everyone to see. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous about finally being out in the real world, but you have really helped me adjust. I just want you to know that you are a great mom. Thanks for always feeding me when I am hungry, comforting me in the middle of the night, and making sure I have cool things to play with like plastic bottles and cell phones. You and I have had some good times over the last seven months! Remember when I pooped all over you and your bed? That was hilarious! Or what about when I pooped in the bathtub while you were in it? That was pretty funny too! I don't know what the future will hold for us, but I do know that I'm glad you'll be there with me. Don't get me wrong, I like Dad too, but he gets kind of grumpy sometimes and I haven't really figured him out yet. I honestly don't know what you were thinking when you married him, but I'm glad you did. Thanks for being patient with him and forgiving him when he does and says stupid stuff (don't tell him I said that). Anyway, I just want you to know that you're doing a great job of raising me and I could not ask for a better mom. I love you very much and I wish you a Happy Mother's Day!
Love, Eli
p.s. Tell Dad i can't wait to run the bases at the field.
I can't think of a better gift than that! I truly have the best husband.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms I know, old and young...but to the mom's out there whose children aren't here to celebrate and those waiting patiently for their turn, a special prayer is going out today, and everyday, in your name. I will continue to pray wholeheartedly that one day the Lord will give you the desires of your heart.
3 comments:
LOVE it! how sweet.
I LOVE the letter Eli "wrote" you....that is a treasure!! Oh how we miss you guys!! I, too, cannot believe it has been 2 years since that trip from _____ down here!! The Lord definitely sustains us...that's for sure!! love you guys!!
that might be the absolute CUTEST thing ever. so sweet!
Post a Comment