Monday, February 22, 2010

First Trip to the Cabin

For the first time since Eli was born, the weather has been warm enough to take him outside for a long walk. He has been outside before but not for an extended period of time. Saturday was beautiful so when Chris got finished with baseball we headed to the cabin. When we got out of the car and put him in his carrier, Chris leaned over to him and said, "Eli, this is warm weather. You haven't felt this before." He loved being outside. He especially loved the waterfalls. I think the sound of the whitewater rushing over the falls captivated him. He was so funny because he just stared at it. Maybe he does have a little of his mommy in him! (I love waterfalls. If I hike, the hike must lead to a waterfall.) These are a few pics of our wild man enjoying his first trip outside. I'm almost positive there are MANY more to come.


4 comments:

The Hill Family said...

what a fun trip & ELI IS ADORABLE!!!! love the pics. of him & his mama! so cute.

Garretts said...

Love this post. It was such a gorgeous weekend. We were thankful to have family here so Josh & I could get outside with the big man...can't believe I'm calling him that.

Love that pic of you & Eli with his big grin!

black tag diaries said...

great pics! like laura... i too LOVE the close up one of you and eli. so cute!

and yes... we will definitely make a sips'n'strokes visit soon :)

Rhonda said...

Love your blog....Eli is just precious! I'm thinking he looks a lot like his daddy! I know you are loving being a mommie! We miss seeing all of you so much!