Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Boys, boys, everywhere...

Two and a half years ago, my mom decided to start a cooking team that consisted of young ladies at our church. A group of 4 young ladies, including myself, joined this team and started cooking once every six weeks for Wednesday night supper. Since that first meal back in the fall of 2007, our team has grown to include a few more young ladies and a slew of little boys!

I enjoy this time so much. I'm not sure if its because I love to cook or talk with friends or that I can do both at the same time! I have loved learning how to cook for big groups of people and grow in my relationships with other Godly women. It is neat how much we've been through over these 2 1/1 short years. As we were working in the kitchen today, I was just thinking back to the beginning of our run as "Supper Shepherds". I am pretty sure there was only one little boy born at that time. A few of us have been through trials with pregnancy, but today looking around the kitchen I was reminded of how faithful God has been to us all. Since our first time cooking, the Lord has blessed our team with 5 more little boys and two more baby boys to be born within the next month! Wow. We have gone from just us girls in the kitchen to tricycles, cribs, car seats, and little boys running around asking "pleeese" for another cookie or just one more lick at the bowl.

These are some pics of what the kitchen looked like today...
All the boys at the kitchen counter.

Eli and Owen. Yes, they are dressed alike. Not on purpose either!


Jack, Hudson, and Andrew belly up to the bar drinking their juice.

One more try at a group shot, minus Hayden.


1 comment:

Garretts said...

These pics are great and your post is great too! I'm adding you to my blog roll...no pressure, but I look forward to reading much more! :)

You are so right about how God has blessed our team of supper helpers. I've found it a wonderful blessing to spend many Tuesday & Wednesday mornings/afternoons sharing with some sweet women who have grown into precious friends!