Friday, November 5, 2010

I guess I will...

versatile+blogger+award.jpgOk, I guess since two lovely friends have now chosen to give me this "award" I will fulfill the requirements. The rules are listed below. And since I'm not up for always following the rules, more on that in a minute, I'm not going to adhere to rule #3. Here is how it works:


1) Thank and link back to the blogger that gave you the award.

2) Share 7 things about yourself.

3) Pass the award on to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.

4) Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

Here goes nothing...
1. I don't always like to follow the rules and don't like when someone tells me I can't do things the way I want to. For example, I like making my own parking spot whenever I can, when I got married, I didn't register for a fine china (I know, living on the edge), I don't really care to follow rules of what to wear in what season, I often go without make-up (I guess this isn't really breaking a rule, but might be to some women), and I don't like punctuating or capitalizing when I'm suppose to.

2. When I was younger, I was a gymnast. I competed on the gymnast team until I was going into sixth grade. I like to say I retired for medical reasons (migraines), instead of saying I quit. I went back to tumbling class in tenth grade because my mom made me try out for cheerleading (I've never been so happy not to see my name on a list!). I can still do a round-off back-handspring, but see stars every time I do one.

3. I love to be comfortable. I love wearing sweats and sitting by a fire in the winter. I love t-shirts, gym shorts, and chacos or a knit dress during the summer.

4. I am one of three girls and didn't understand how dirty boys were until the day after I got married. I learned quickly boys make lots of weird noises, stink often, and don't always clean up after themselves. But I still love my man

5. I love to pack the car for vacations. It is almost like a puzzle to me. It makes me happy to get everything in the trunk fitting perfectly in place. I like the car to be organized and don't travel well if things are a mess in my car. If you saw my car right now, you would never believe this! But pregnancy pukiness is keeping me from doing lots of things these days...laundry, keeping a clean car or house, opening my frig, etc.

6. I love to eat,and I mean LOVE to eat. And right now I can't eat anything without getting sick. So that makes me depressed. I love trying new things and often get overwhelmed when going to a new restaurant because I want to order everything. I can't wait until I can enjoy eating again.

7. I am a horrible storyteller. I often mix parts up, forget punch lines, or leave out important information. I guess that is why I married Chris because he is a great storyteller. He is also my editor-in-chief. He usually tells me if my blog spots need anything fixed. And tonight he has a game, so if there are lots of errors, I'm sorry.

I would love to learn 7 things about you, but am not going to pass this award on to anyone in particular. If you are into these things, consider yourself tagged. I have enjoyed learning new things about so many of my friends.

2 comments:

Lindsey Brackett said...

I love learning more about you--especially that you don't wear makeup either. I don't have time for that

Garretts said...

maybe this is another reason folks get us confused...i wear very little makeup, don't always capitalize when supposed to, am a former gymnast...it's been years but i like to think i could still do a round-off back handspring, but would probably see more than stars...probably an orthopedist or something shortly thereafter