This week has been dead week, thanks to the Georgia High School Sports Association. I'm pretty sure a coach's wife came up with the idea. :) All sports must cease from practicing for this week all across Georgia. We usually use dead week to travel to Mobile but this year decided to spend it at home. What a blessing it has been, but more on that in the next post.
Since Chris wouldn't have anywhere to go all day or anywhere to be early in the morning we decided to work on Eli's sleep habits. This has been the hardest thing I have EVER done. The thought of letting my baby cry out it may be the most inhumane thing ever to do to a child. But as my mother says, "The best thing you can do for Eli is help him to sleep through the night." Well the first night was horrible, dreadful, awful, and terrible. Last night was a lot better. But for some reason, my body just screams inside while he cries, "Go pick him up! Hold him! Love him! Kiss him! Nurture him! Protect him!" I hope he stops waking up during the night soon. I don't think my heart can take it much longer.
Pray Eli will adjust and things will get better. And that this mother's heart doesn't burst inside while he cries out for me during the night. Oh, it eats me up just writing that last sentence! Eli, just know that I'm doing this for your good and to help your little body grow and get the rest it needs and that this is possibly the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I love you precious one. Love, Your Mommy
2 comments:
April, I have done this with all 4 of mine, and I swear by it! I started when they were about 7-8 weeks old, and it only took them 2 nights to adjust. They have been sleeping through the night ever since...you will be a new person and a better mom for it too! Hang in there...I promise it will get better. Take a walk outside so you don't have to listen!
I agree with carolyn...take a walk or turn down the monitor. i pray he gets it figured out quickly and you will not let that mommy guilt plague you! eli has one of the best mommies I know...and he knows he's loved. hang in there!
Post a Comment