Tuesday, June 8, 2010

will he ever eat again?

last week eli started protesting baby food and wouldn't eat table food either. all he would eat were puffs (aka, these little junk food "things" that melt in your mouth). we have tried just about everything...
pancakes...no

pancakes, take two...no

spaghetti...no

he picks up anything i put on his plate and then delicately tosses it down onto the ground. and then when puffs are put on his plate, he shoves them in his mouth, five at a time!
any pointers for me? i'm up for anything.

5 comments:

Lindsey Brackett said...

Fortunately, I never had this problem. My girls are great eaters...probably because when they're all teenagers Eli will be eating you out of house and home and mine will be worried about their body image :) Ick, let's hope not...I say give it another couple of days before you get really concerned. Chances are when he gets hungry enough, he'll eat again.

Garretts said...

i agree, give it some time. i'm sure he's just going through a phase. as long as he's getting fluids (and mommy's milk most importantly), he'll be good. i can't remember jack protesting at that age, but he barely eats anything these days. somedays i feel like he survives on chocolate milk alone.
have you tried yogurt or applesauce? sometimes those are tasty treats...

Tiffany said...

Violet is going through something similar right now. She isn't eating the things that she absolutely loved last week. FRUSTRATING! She is a constant mystery, but I have tried to train myself to just relax and see what she does after a couple of days. Oh, by the way, I LOVE your high chair. Antique, right? Can't go pick it up at Target? ;)

thehollandfamily said...

Hang in there mom. The time will come and he will eat. I bet if you called his doctor they would ask how many diapers is he having. Sweet thing has his own personality. I am with Lindsey I have one who is a great eater and one who is not. Zoie does not like meat but Haleigh does not like milk. I worry about iron for one and calcium for the other. It will get better

our little family said...

i know one thing, he's a CUTIE! I have no advice for you... neither one of mine have ever been great eaters. hang in there!